This session focuses on the pediatric patient. Greg Friese discusses the vital patient assessment techniques that are unique to pediatric patients. He will also target the EMS role and importance of injury prevention as well as performing procedures. Some of the key elements of this session will be:
Importance of pediatric injury prevention and role of EMS (brief)
Forming a general impression. How techniques like “toe to head” and assessing from afar are key components to your initial assessment. Why gathering a proper history is unique to the pediatric patient.
Discover age appropriate communication methods.
Assessment of vital signs and pain recognition
The performance of procedures in pediatric patients
The challenge of splinting and spinal motion restriction when it comes to pediatrics
This training is sure to enhance your pediatric assessment and treatment skills.
Don’t let this uniquely focused session pass you by.
- Get access to the video recording of this session so you can watch it online at your leisure.
- Get the audio version so you can download it and listen on your MP3 player, computer or burn to a CD to listen in your car or stereo.
- Download all the show notes that include the chat logs, Q&A logs and text version transcript of the session. Plus get the valuable links and resources that we use for this session or recommend as added resources.
- Download the Pediatric Resource Guide. This is an ebook with safety tips, assessment tips and resource links to help you with your interaction with pediatric patients.
- Get the Pediatric Pain Assessment Report from The MedicCast. This is ebook will help you with techniques and tips as well as other resources in assessing pain and discomfort levels in pediatric patients.
- Download the session handout and a printable Certificate of Completion for this course.
So take advantage of this special offer and claim all the resources above for a full 90 days. Only $6.95